Before I begin, this is not going to be an advertisement to buy anything, you probably already have this in your house now. Dry hair happens to many of us, especially women. We do many things to our hair in our daily lives to style it and make it look great. There are various chemicals that get put into our hair- coloring, perming, mousse, hair spray and gel. None of these are great for our hair but yet we use them (and it is ok to use them, I do often.) On top of this, many of us use heat to style our hair. This is also bad for our hair. Heat is ok to use, but it can dry your hair out leaving it dull.
Ok, we know why our hair looks dry and maybe even frizzy. Before you go to the store and buy an expensive treatment, look in your fridge. Do you have mayonnaise in the fridge? Perfect if you do. The most effective and cheapest way to treat dry hair that I have found is mayonnaise. I am not kidding you. I studied cosmetology in high school-which translates to I played with a lot of hair dye in high school. I also had access to various effective treatments for hair.
One time I fried my hair badly with the bleach. We used a treatment (a quite expensive treatment at that) and it didn't really help much. I was going to have to lose quite a few inches of hair no matter what we did. My teacher told me to go home and put mayonnaise in my hair for at least a half an hour. As a high school kid at the time, I thought it was a bit disgusting. I did do it tho. My hair turned out a lot softer and had shine!!
Here is what you will want to do:
1. Wet your hair slightly. I use hot water to open up the follicles myself.
2. Take a bit of mayonnaise in your hands and rub your hands together. I like to warm up the mayonnaise with my hands a little so it is not ice cold going onto your hair.
3. Apply the mayonnaise in your hair, make sure you put enough in to fully cover your hair.
4. Use a shower cap or a plastic bag to put over your hair and let it sit in your hair for about 30 minutes.
5. Rinse it out and then wash your hair thoroughly. You may have to wash twice but I usually only do it once. Then use conditioner as normal.
All done, your hair will be shiny and softer. I have heard you can add olive oil to the mayonnaise, but I have not tried that.
And that is the most effective and cheapest way to treat dry hair! I just did another treatment last night-you can use it whenever your hair is feeling dry or dull. Total cost would be pennies per treatment considering you do not need expensive mayonnaise for your hair. Just make sure it is not low fat, it's only going in your hair.